1) Did a boring workout at the gym (ran a few miles and did some weightlifting. nothing good. pretty disappointing)
2) I made Quinoa and Chickpea Pilaf.. and when I was complete the kitchen looked like a disaster zone. Seriously. Recipe to follow.
3) I cleaned the kitchen
4) I cleaned out everything that had gone bad in the fridge
5) I read a book. (Yes... a whole book).
6) I decided it was time to get off the couch, so I made mini pizzas (ate 1, froze 3)
7) I returned to the couch
8) I went to see Harry Potter!!!! SO GOOD!!!! I'm still amazed that I didn't cry, though.
Today went a little differently..
I was feeling a little groggy this morning from being out so late last night (anyone who knows me is aware of my grandma status.. I am no longer a night owl like I was in my childhood). So I lazed around until about noon, then got my butt into gear! I mowed the lawn and then went to the gym and did this AWESOME workout created by Fitnessista. (I am posting what I did today... to get more options look on her page)
(warm up= mowing the lawn HAHA!)
Circuit 1 (repeat 3 times)
- Stability ball hamstring curl (12 reps)
- Stability ball overhead pass (12 reps)
- Stability ball back extension (12 reps)
Cardio blast: 1 minute of burpees
Circuit 2 (repeat 3 times)
-Bench push-up (I did these with my hands on the bench) (12 reps)
-Bench split squat (I held a 12 pound dumbbell in each hand) (12 reps)
-Bench tricep dip (I had my legs so they were almost straight, but not completely) (12 reps)
Cardio blast: 1 minute of mountain climbers
Circuit 3 (repeat 3 times)
-Assisted pull ups (I changed the resistance each time) (12 reps)
-Lateral raises (8 lb dumbbells.. hate these!) (12 reps)
-Bicep curl plie squat combo (12 reps) love these :)
Cardio blast: 1 mintue of squat jumps
Ab Burner (1 time only!)
50 sit ups
25 reverse crunches
25 bicycle crunches
I don't usually post workouts but this one is so worth doing!!
Alright.. on to the food. This dish is not necessarily the prettiest, but it tastes so good! I prefer eating it cold, but it can be eaten warm as well!
I go this recipe here and didn't change a thing! She adapted it from "Veganomicon"
"In a medium sized pot heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and saute till the onion softens before adding the garlic and cooking for a couple more minutes."