Friday, August 12, 2011

In The New Apartment

Forgive me for my lack of update yesterday... I'm really trying to be one of those bloggers who updates every day.  But.. life kind of got in the way!  I woke up at 5:30 yesterday morning to drive the 5 1/2 hours to the new apartment.  Well, this was after packing all of this into my car:
... and that's not even all of it!  Anyway... I got to my apartment at about noon and started unpacking the car(s).  It took pretty much all day because I got a little distracted by decorating :)  The apartment is really cute.. its only about 800 square feet, but I managed to fit everything!  The location of the apartment makes up for the small size..  It's a 2 minute walk to a bunch of restaurants and boutiques.  

I ended up getting the majority of my stuff cleared out of the living room so that when the guy who installed my internet came this morning he wouldn't trip.  The internet guy didn't come until 10, so when I woke up at 7:00 I didn't have much to do.  I ended up making homemade bread.  It's still rising right now, but here's the recipe!  I got it from my sister's boyfriend and have been obsessed with it ever since.

3 cups water (lukewarm)
1 tablespoon  and 1.5 tsp. of salt
1 tablespoon and 1.5 tsp. of yeast
Sit for 5 minutes after whisking

Add flour (high gluten flour) - 6.5 cups

Rise...poke/deflate...let rise again after rolled out (put oil and cornmeal under)

Bake at 475 till browned (around 20-25 minutes)

It's so good... I make egg sandwiches, french bread pizza, etc. with it.  Enjoy!  I'll have more updates later when I finish unpacking and actually go grocery shopping :)

1 comment:

  1. Have fun unpacking! ....I hope it goes well, I'm not a fan of packing and unpacking AT ALL. This has been the longest I've been without moving in 7 years. I have lived at the same house for 12 months! Woo-hooo! .....Nothing beats homemade bread! Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete