Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Taco Failure

Unfortunately, our plans for cheap tacos and beers didn't happen last night.  We got to the bar at around 6:30, starving (and therefore a little cranky) but excited for some tacos.  We walked in and the bar was full and all of the tables were taken.  One of the girls working told us that you just have to stand around and find your own table when one opens up.  So we did this for a while, but people were vicious!  Seriously, it was like a herd of wild animals all hunting the same prey.  It was bad.  So eventually we gave up and went to another restaurant called the 11th Street Taphouse Bar & Grill. 

 It wasn't as cheap, but they had great food there!  I decided it was time for a burger because I haven't had one in months.  I'm pretty boring when it comes to burgers - the most exciting thing I did with it was put pepperjack cheese on it.  But it was great.. and the onion rings I got with it were the best I've had in a while.  I got a beer called Julius Echter Hefe Weissbier.  It had a nice golden color and had a banana-y aroma.  It was unique... not one of my favorites but it was pretty good.  

Today we slept in (definitely needed after not sleeping the night before).  I woke up earlier than everyone else and hung out with the greatest dog in the world.

After that we had breakfast and headed to the beach!  I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who didn't burn (this never happens haha).  Before the beach we of course got Starbucks!  Tall Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte :)
I couldn't see when I was taking the picture - i had to crop my finger out haha oops.

More tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. At least you got good food in the end! I hate when joints are so packed that you can't sit down... people just seem more vicious and mean while waiting...
    Starbucks on the beach = awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete